Translate

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Forward and some Surprises in the Mail

Todays Inspirational Quotation:

There are only two ways to live your life.....One is as though nothing is a miracle.......The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein


I have noticed that the more of these inspirational quotes I see, the more of them I find by Albert Einstein........I never knew that he had that much to say let alone so much that would inspire us...........but then he, certainly, was an inspired individual.........(relatively speaking.......)

But I digress...........Well, early this morning our clocks quickly rotated clockwise (how appropriate a thing for a clock to do in these days of digital timepieces!) from 1:59 AM directly to 3:00 AM.  We have Atomic clocks at work and from what I understand, they get their correct time from a satellite out in space and even though my iPod and my phone immediately posted an hour later it took the atomic clocks a good 15 minutes before they all began to rotate forward..........interesting sight to see them start turning all by themselves...........
 Since I work the graveyard shift every Friday and Saturday night, unless I have taken that particular weekend off, I am usually awake to "Spring Forward" in March and "Fall Back" in November.  In the Spring I get to work an hour less and in the Fall.......well yes, I make up for it by working an hour more.....and I watch the atomic clocks rotate clockwise again but this time they go forward 23 hours so it will be an hour earlier than before!  Am I one of those people "they" call clock watchers????

Ok, I know....."don't give up my job to become a comedian".....

All Righty then.....let me just tell you about the wonderful surprises I got in the mail yesterday..........

First off, well this one wasn't really a surprise.......I have been waiting for this since winning it at Kelli's giveaway at Seriously I think it needs Stitches
but, nonetheless, it felt like a surprise when I saw it in the mailbox!   (I'll tell you about the little Shamrock Mug Rug in a minute)

If you go to the Fat Quarter Shop and look at the full palette of Aneela Hoey's "Little Apples" you will see that in addition to the red, there is teal, gray, olive, and white in this collection.........but hey, let me just show you!
Is this beautiful or what??

Thank you, Kelli!  I love my layer cake and I can't wait to create something wonderful with it!

The other thing I got in the mail wasn't really a surprise either because I was expecting it too....but...well, nevermind, (My sisters would tell me I sound like Mr. Kimball, that character on Green Acres, with all my hemming and hawing here)  so let me just tell you about it......It's a sweet St. Patrick's Day Mug Rug I received when I signed up for "A Year of Rugs" Swap.  I got this from Britt, who told me this was her very first sewing project EVER! 

I love the different tones of green and the "wonky" rows.  Thank you, Britt.........I just love it and am honored to be the recipient of your very first project!

And I guess that is all I have to tell you about on this Spring Forwardy Sunday.  Hope you all have a wonderful day! 

Talk to you next time so TTFN............

6 comments:

Richard Healey said...

Love the green and wonky rows totally cool.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

Cherie said...

I absolutely love the 'little apples' fabric!! I have only one FQ of it but intend to get some more eventually.
Love the Mug Rug so cute and GREEN!! =D

Rachel said...

Love good mail...LOl..Very nice mug rug.

Needled Mom said...

I want to come watch the clocks with you next fall!!!!

Lovely mail! How exciting to be the recipient of a very first project. It looks like she did a wonderful job.

Josie McRazie said...

Honeyman is a fireman and last fall back he had a call that he charted that ended before it began! I just said this morning I understand why they used to need DLST, but I think we have kind of 'outgrown' our need for it! Plus with little ones their little internal clocks just don't understand this getting up an hour earlier!
What a great package to get in the mail!! Britt did a great job!!

Hilachas said...

I'm glad your goodies have started to arrive. I can't wait to see them.