Translate

Saturday, December 10, 2011

New Year's Flag done!

My sister, Irene, who you may infer from the title of my blog has always seemed to be the one who "gently" pulls me (kicking and screaming?) into doing many things....lol......last month she brought me the most darling turkey wall flag hanging on a little wire hanger and said, "now you have a hanger to put a different flag on at each season!"......I said, "Oh cool!  When are you going to make me the Christmas one??", to which she rolled her eyes and informed me that from here on out it is up to me to make each flag.......here is the turkey hanging.......Those of you who follow her at Hilachas may have already seen it but I think it calls for reposting...it is so cute!
Well, anyway, I am so busy with the Christmas season that Mr. Turkey is standing in for Santa Claus this year but I found a fabulous paper-pieced pattern for a glass of champagne designed by Susan Druding at equilters.com/
I am new to paper piecing so I have been trying to practice and here is my New Year's Flag...the glass is a little crooked but I decided probably this was already the 4th or 5th glass for the drinker so he was a little tipsy? Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.......
I've seen many bloggers talk about New Year's quilting resolutions so maybe this should be one of mine; to create new seasonals flag to hang in 2012.  (Notice I'm not saying "monthly"....hahaha......
I leave you today with this inspirational quote I received today:

"Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement."    - Henry Ford


2 comments:

Hilachas said...

Wow! Cool flag for January. Great job on paper-piecing. I hung my Southwest Snowman for December since I didn't get around to sewing one up either. I'm going to try to do the monthly flag...

Lynette said...

That is so cool! I can't wait to see all of your seasonal flags. (Also, I am bringing some fabric with me at Christmas so you can help me design a baby quilt :). Just forewarning you :))